One Piece: Grand World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat Rules

Go down

Combat Rules Empty Combat Rules

Post  Wilder Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:59 am

Combat on this site is pretty laid back. There are no rules so far as stats are concerned. I find such things time-consuming, difficult to maintain, and nowhere near as well done as any five dollar video game I can pick up at Gamestop. That does not mean that there will not be rules. They are as follows:

1. Do not godmod. In other words, don't treat your character(s) like they can block or dodge anything that comes their way. They also will not always hit when they attack. So simply declare your attacks and how they are performed. Do not say that your attack hit unless you have received permission from the person who controls the character you are fighting against. The only exception to this is if the opposing character is an NPC and a nameless pirate or Marine or Revolutionary, etc. In those instances you can declare direct hits without permission unless the person who created the NPCs says otherwise.

2. When you dodge or block, specify how you do it. However, you will not be able to dodge and block everything. Take a hit when your character would be hit. Like I said before, don't godmod and pretend you are invincible.

3. You may not kill a PC unless the one who created that character allows you to do so. The same cannot be said for NPCs, though if the person who created the NPC(s) says don't kill them, then go with that. They may want to use the character in a later RP. As a sort of corollary to this rule, do not try to create any attacks or devil fruits that are one hit kills. Those will not be accepted.

4. This may be One Piece, but if you take a hit, it should make some sort of difference. For example, if your character's leg gets broken, he or she is hardly going to be up and running around on it for the duration of the battle. Not even Luffy is immune to pain.

Wilder
Admin

https://onepiecegrandworld.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down